Your home is one of you most important investment; Kenyan Alliance Domestic Package helps you protect your home and family with coverage that meets your needs.
This is an insurance package that provides homeowners and tenants combined benefits from several policies in respect to buildings they occupy as private dwellings.
Section A: Building
This section covers the dwelling house (if owned by the policyholder) against loss and damage by the undernoted perils:
- Fire, lighting, thunderbolts, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions
- Storm or tempest, floods, accidental impact with the building
- Bursting or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Loss or damage following escape of water from storage or heating installations.
- Damage arising from theft or attempted theft
- Aircraft or other aerial device or any article dropped there from above the building
- Riots and strikes
- Falling trees
The section can be extended to provide the following covers:
- Loss of rental income to help the policyholder hire alternative accommodation up to 10% of the value of the building.
- Fire brigade charges up to an agreed amount.
- Cost of debris removal up to an agreed amount.
Section B: Contents
Content section covers household goods/contents against loss or damage the same perils covered under Section One.
Extensions available under this section include the following:
- Damage to the building or landlord‘s fixtures and fittings for which the insured is legally responsible as a tenant.
- Loss or damage of contents of the freezer up to a specified amount following continuous power failure in excess of twelve hours.
- Cost of replacement of keys up to a specified amount.
- Loss of personal money following fire or burglary up to a specified amount.
- Guests’ effects up to a specified amount in any one event.
Section C,D,E and F
Section C: All Risks
As the name suggests, All Risks Insurance covers loss or damage to specific valuables from any cause that is not specifically excluded in the policy.
Common items insured under this section include mobile personal items such as jewellery, spectacles, cell phones, laptops and photographic equipment. Household electronic equipment at the risk of accidental damage may also be insured under this section.
Section D: WIBA for Domestic Employees
This section of the policy covers the legal liability under the Work Injury Benefit Act (WIBA) against accidental death or bodily injury in the course of duty as well as medical and funeral expenses in respect to domestic workers such as watchmen, gardeners, house helps, etc.
Section E: Owner’s Liability
This section covers any legal liability that may arise from accidental bodily injury or damage to property in connection with the ownership of the residence by the insured or his household. Injury or damage to property could arise as a result of falling on slippery surfaces, attach by canines, burns from domestic gas explosions, etc.
Section F: Occupier’s Liability
This section covers any legal liability that may arise from accidental bodily injury or damage to property in connection with the occupation of the residence by the insured or his household. Such injuries or damage to property could arise as a result of falling on slippery surfaces, attach by canines, burns from domestic gas explosions and any other causes.