1. What do I do in the event of a claim?
    It is important that in the event of any occurrence that may give rise to a claim, you should notify Kenyan Alliance Insurance Ltd or your agent / Broker immediately and provide us with full information as soon as possible.
  2. What do I do in the event of a motor accident?
    1. In the event of an accident take all the details of the location and the cause of the accident.
    2. In all cases of bodily injury, report to the police immediately.
    3. Notify us of the accident as quickly as possible.
    4. Complete a Claim Form and send it to us.
    5. Our claims officers will assist you record a statement on the occurrence of the accident.
    6. Where the accident has been reported to the police, obtain a police Abstract Report and forward it to us.
    7. Advise us of any Third party claims and forward to us any correspondence received from the Third party unacknowledged
  3. What is a deductible/Excess?
    A deductible or an excess is the cash value amount of damages that you agree you will be responsible for if you have a claim. Most insurance policies have a deductible or an excess which states that a portion of the amount paid for the loss will be subtracted from the amount the insurance company would otherwise pay.
  4. Should I report all Motor accidents to the Insurer?
    Yes you should. Even if the accident appears are minor, it is important that you let your insurance company know about the incident. If you have an accident but don‘t report it to your insurer, you are taking a risk, even if the damage seems minor. If the other driver sues you weeks or months later, your failure to report the accident might cause your insurer to refuse to honour the claim. And even if they do, the delay will have prejudiced the insurer’s position as concerns gathering evidence to represent you.
  5. When is a car ‘written off’ by an Insurer?
    It’s up to your insurer to decide whether to pay for repairing your car or to declare it a total loss and pay you its market value. Standard motor policies will not pay to repair a vehicle if the repairs cost more than the cash value assigned to the car. In practice, there will be little dispute about whether to repair the car if the damage is above 75% of the book value of the car. You’re entitled to the market price of the car you just lost. You shouldn’t get more or less than what you are due.
  6. How do I make a claim?
    Contact us or your agent for a claim form. Complete the claim form and submit it to us together with the police abstract.
  7. Where is my cheque?
    Customers will be contacted when the cheque is ready. A customer may also check out the progress directly with the claims department.
  8. What are the advantages to using an agent/broker to purchase insurance?
    By using an agent to purchase insurance, the policyholder receives more personal service. An agent with whom there is direct contact can be vital when purchasing a product and can be most necessary when lodging a claim.