The Kenyan Alliance Insurance is a leading Insurance Company offering a wide range of financial products and services. Our product range includes life, general insurance, pensions, investment planning, retirement planning and medical insurance.
As part of our growth strategy, the Company seeks to recruit dynamic, passionate, innovative and result orientated professional to the position below;
Main Purpose of the Job- (Job Summary)
The HR Officer position will be responsible for advising and guiding on HR strategies, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in developing, reviewing and maintenance of appropriate HR practices, policies and procedures;
2. Payroll administration and timely payment of statutory deductions;
3. Point of contact on all HR matters - provision of advice and guidance on HR strategies, policies and procedures.
4. Recruitment & Selection – inviting candidates for interviews, facilitating and conducting interviews, preparation of appointment letters, opening personal files and ensuring all documentation is in place and inducting new employees into the company.
5. Training & development – Facilitation in terms of provision of logistical support for all the training & development initiatives.
6. Administration of employee benefits schemes including medical, leave, pensions, Group Life and staff welfare;
7. Performance management – coordinating staff appraisal exercise and ensuring all the reports are received in time and processed.
8. Ensuring all staff on probation are appraised and performance reports submitted.
9. Implement staff motivation and retention initiatives to ensure staff are highly engaged;
10. Facilitate the implementation of staff movement relating to promotions, transfers or discharge;
11. Managing the HRMS System in an accurate manner and preparing monthly and annual staff analysis and ad-hoc reports;
12. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience
The candidate must demonstrate and possess the following skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business management or any other related field
· Valid professional membership from IHRM-K or other relevant institution
· At least 5 years’ experience in HR
· Analytical and problem solving skills
Key Skills & Competencies;
a) Time management skills and attention to details
b) Good interpersonal and communication skills
c) High standards of personal integrity
d) Result orientation – performance oriented
e) Ability to work in high pressure environment
We would love to hear from you. Follow us on our social media pages.